� lb butter (this is about 115g)
1 Cup sugar
3 beaten eggs
� Cup Karo syrup (a brand of corn syrup)
� Cup honey
� tsp vanilla
� tsp lemon juice
1-2 cups of chopped or whole pecans (as you prefer)
1 pinch cinnamon
1 pinch nutmeg (optional, for a more exotic aroma)
9-inch uncooked pie shell
• Preheat oven to 325 degree Fahrenheit (or 160 degree Celsius).
• In a heavy-bottomed sauce pan, brown butter over medium high heat to get a nice nutty aroma for the pie. Be careful not to burn it. Remove and allow to cool slightly.
• In a large mixing bowl, combine sugar, eggs, syrup and honey. Using a wire whisk, blend all ingredients well.
• Add the brown butter, lemon juice, vanilla and pecans. Season with cinnamon and nutmeg. Continue to whip until all ingredients are well blended.
• Pour into pie shell and bake on center rack of oven for 45 minutes to an hour.
• Remove and allow to cool .